Design Technologist/Sr. Web Designer
Sep 2015 – June 2022
Graduated a two-stack program (MERN) at Coding Dojo. Web fundamentals exam: 9.9/10. MERN final exam: 9.5/10 (Black Belt).
- Quickly prototyped user experiences to the fidelity required to gain insight into user testing.
- Designed, coded, posted and managed responsive landing pages with cross-browser capabilities, allowing our marketing team to increase organic SEO and to test messaging and imagery.
- Helped assess the technical impact of design decisions.
- Provided in-browser proof of concept.
- Ensured that designs and the code provide progressive enhancement and accessibility for all users.
- Supported and enhanced reusable components to ensure a comprehensive design system for each site.
- Coded and developed most of the pages on tirebuyer.com, tirepros.com, atd-us.com, and ntd-canada.com.
- Collaborated closely with front end and back end developers to ensure a smooth transition from design to build to maintenance.
Design and Brand Consultant
Paul Morgan Designs
Jul 2014 – Sep 2015
Key skills: Brand strategy; logos; WordPress site design, setup & customization; CSS modification; SharePoint site customization; video editing; PowerPoint design; collateral design; social media content/design.
Senior Graphic Designer, Safeco Insurance Brand and Advertising
Nov 2008 – Jul 2014
Key skills: Adobe Creative Suite; brand building; brand messaging; motion graphics; video editing; collateral design; client collaboration; social media content creation and management; clear communication with developers.
- Lead designer and steward of the Safeco brand. Created communication that strengthened and advanced the brand; ensured that all communications met our color, typography, messaging and photo guidelines.
- Worked with clients and business partners to determine the essence of each message, then built compelling communications to engage the audience.
- Designed for print, web, video and motion graphics, with the goal of a clean, friendly and memorable user experiences.
- Co-managed social media sites; conceptualized, designed and wrote posts, and tracked effectiveness. Facebook page grew from 0 followers to more than 80,000 in 4 years.
- Designed and co-authored brand guidelines.
Visual Communications Specialist
Aug 2007 – Nov 2008
Key skills: User experience design; user interface design; client collaboration; employee communications; executive communications; intranet management.
- Designed and coded informative, immersive web experiences to facilitate Fortune 500 company’s employees’ understanding of the organization’s overall mission.
- Collaborated with business partners to create communications strategies that motivated employees and ensured their success within the company.
- Introduced many different interactive elements to the company’s intranet.
- Helped company executives by adding visual impact to presentations to external and internal audiences.
Codo Dojo Bootcamp
Jan. 2022-June 2022
Web fundamentals exam: 9.9/10. MERN final exam: 9.5/10 (Black Belt).
- Two-stack program
- Mongo DB
- Advanced JS
University of Oregon
Bachelor of Arts | Journalism, 1993